Notes from December 8 Trust Board meeting
NEWPORT COUNTY AFC SUPPORTERS’ TRUST BOARD MEETING
DECEMBER 8, 2022, 6.30pm
MEETING HELD AT RODNEY PARADE
REDACTED NOTES FOR PUBLICATION
ATTENDEES (Board members): Paul Marks (PMa, Chair), Joe Crocker (JC), Mark Crook (MC), Mike Everett (ME), Gavin Foxall (GF), Bob Herrin (BH), Peter Madigan (PM), Kevin Ward (KW).
APOLOGIES: Shaun Johnson (SJ).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING (PMa)
- The minutes of the Trust Board meeting on November 3, 2022, were approved as an accurate record.
- MATTERS ARISING (PMa)
- None that are not included in agenda items.
- LEAGUE/CLUB/UPDATE (GF)
- First team/January window update: Club Group met earlier with GC & DK. Went through plans for January window.
- Fan-led review: GF gave an update.
- OPERATIONAL UPDATE (GF)
- Academy: Luke Hussey now in Academy Manager post; Scholarship decisions due in December.
- Ticketing: Season ticket sales to date 2,280 – these are an increase of 4% on total sales for last year; Overall Match Day ticket sales broadly in line with forecast; Half Season Tickets on sale from December 7th and valid from game against Leyton Orient on 30th
- Football administration: Mid-Season SCMP submission submitted w/c 5th December; Preparation for Winter Transfer Window ongoing; Festive home fixtures to be moved at the instruction of the EFL.
- Operations: Overall behaviour at games has been good but isolated incidents have still required attention. These have been across all areas of the stadium and have resulted in warnings, suspensions, and bans. Supporters have been proactive in bringing things to the attention of the stewarding team
- Retail: Shop now planned to re-open 8th
- FINANCIAL UPDATE (GF)
- 21/22 Audit: Timetable agreed for the above along with process.
- COMMERCIAL UPDATE (PM)
- New partners include Cake Lab and Alfa Staff.
- EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION (KW)
- Zero complaints received during the month.
- EFL ‘Together’ Code of Practice: our first development meeting will be in January; submission date is November 30 next year; meeting many of the criteria already; KW & KA met last week to discuss process for progress to submission.
- KW attended EFL webinar looking at how Blackpool managed the process of one of their players coming out; both KW & KA attended webinar regarding being an LGBTQ+ inclusive club.
- EFL training webinars in December: Disability Access (Dec 6); Disability Etiquette (Dec 8).
- EFL training webinars in January: Inclusive Recruitment (Jan 19); Anti-Semitism (Jan 25).
- COMMUNITY GROUP (PMa)
- Current active membership 1,056.
- Ongoing actions: Member engagement; New/cancelled members; League celebration/Hall of Fame event.
- SAFEGUARDING (GF)
- One new concern relating to wellbeing in November.
- Wellbeing Wednesday to now be presented as an opportunity each week to highlight a different organisation where people can reach out for help and support in time of need. This is also a great opportunity for us to engage with those organisations to as we build our network of support for players, staff, and supporters.
- In house Safer Recruitment training to be delivered to all key staff within December/early January.
- ‘Know Your People/Professional Game’ is now up and running, with training delivered to relevant staff to be able to facilitate the management of the new system. This will replace our previous DBS disclosure system, although still accessible for historical records.
- Player care: Meeting has now gone ahead with Kelly Anderson to oversee the area with support from Mark O’Brien and Gareth Evans. The Player Care strategy will be updated and shared with the Board for the next meeting, with role descriptions for individuals delivering the strategy being drawn up in the interim.
Meeting closed at 8.05pm.
Next meeting: Thursday, January 12, at 7pm.