Notes from June's Trust Board meeting
Redacted notes from June's Trust Board meeting have been published today. You can read them below.
Notes from July's Trust Board meeting will be published after minutes have been approved at August's meeting.
NEWPORT COUNTY AFC SUPPORTERS’ TRUST BOARD MEETING
REDACTED NOTES FOR PUBLICATION
JUNE 13, 2019, 5.30pm
MERLIN HOUSE, LANGSTONE BUSINESS PARK, NEWPORT
ATTENDEES: Shaun Johnson (Chair) (SJ), Gavin Foxall (GF), Colin Faulkner (CF), Bob Herrin (BH), Ryan Courtney (RC), Kevin Ward (KW), Mike Everett (ME), Mark Crook (MC), Nigel Stephenson (NS), Alex Eagle (AE).
APOLOGIES: Peter Madigan (PM).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING & MATTERS ARISING
- The minutes of the Trust Board meeting held on April 18, 2019, were approved as an accurate record.
- Any matters arising are within agenda items.
- NS reported on headline changes to the 2019/20 budget. These included changes to the EFL and Premier League grants, confirmation of food & drink sales commission from Rodney Parade, confirmation of our contribution to the cost of RP pitch refurbishment, and confirmation of play-off final gate receipts share.
- AE reported on the current state of play re commercial deals for the forthcoming season.
- Further details of Paddy Power shirt sponsorship as part of their Save Our Shirt campaign were discussed.
- Launch will be on July 22.
- The Board was reminded that a non-disclosure agreement was in place regarding this deal.
- AE also confirmed the renewal of Pure Vans and GMB sponsorships.
- A new back office staffing structure was presented by GF.
- Board members approved the proposed structure.
- CLUB GOVERNANCE
- It was agreed the governance of commercial contracts and agreements needed to be improved.
- GF is to write to everyone in the club with managerial responsibility to explain the process of commercial agreements – that they must go to the Club Group for approval.
- The appointment of Jorden Gibson as Academy manager was noted by the Board.
- AGMs & OPEN MEETING
- It was agreed to have a separate session on this on Monday, June 17, at Bar Amber starting at 7pm.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- ME attend the EFL AGM and would send a condensed report via email to all Board members.
Meeting closed at 8.30pm
Next meeting: Thursday, July 18, at Merlin House, 5.30pm start.