The Supporters’ Trust is the majority shareholder in Newport County AFC, making the Exiles one of a handful of supporter-owned clubs in the English football pyramid.
While more than 100 Trusts hold equity in their clubs, the Newport County AFC Trust is one of just a handful of EFL clubs owned by its supporters.
One of more than 140 Supporters’ Trusts around the UK, the Trust is an affiliate member of the Football Supporters’ Association, the national, democratic, representative body for football supporters in England and Wales.
The Trust was originally formed in 2001 and took a controlling stake in the football club in October 2015 following a community share issue that saw County supporters raise a magnificent £236,000 in just a month.
Since then, Newport County AFC has been a supporter-owned, community-based club.
The Trust is run on a day-to-day basis by a board of volunteer directors elected by its members.
There are various ways that YOU can help YOUR Trust:
- Join us as a member here or the Club Shop (or Rodney Parade on Match Day)
- Do your on-line shopping via www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/ncafctrust
- Offer your skills or services
- Ask your employer if they would be interested in becoming a Corporate Member
- Make a donation or send us your thoughts and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org