Notes from December's Trust Board meeting
NEWPORT COUNTY AFC SUPPORTERS’ TRUST BOARD MEETING
DECEMBER 12, 2019, 5.30pm
MERLIN HOUSE, LANGSTONE BUSINESS PARK, NEWPORT
REDACTED NOTES FOR PUBLICATION
ATTENDEES: Shaun Johnson (SJ, Chair), Gavin Foxall (GF), Colin Faulkner (CF), Bob Herrin (BH), Kevin Ward (KW), Ryan Courtney (RC), Paul Marks (PMa), Nigel Stephenson (NS).
APOLOGIES: Peter Madigan (PM), Kelly Anderson (KA), Mark Crook (MC), Mike Everett (ME).
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING
- The minutes of the Trust Board meeting held on November 21, 2019, were approved as an accurate record.
- MATTERS ARISING
- Any matters arising are included in other agenda items.
- GENERAL MANAGER UPDATE (NS)
- Ben Lucey started as Club Secretary on December 2. Ben will work aside Jackie Rockey until the close of the January transfer window.
- Staff received training and access to the updated ticketing system on December 2. A visit is planned to another club who currently operate the updated version of SeatAdvisor.
- One to One staff meetings have taken place to outline objectives in all areas around Media, Commercial & Operations.
- Academy Manager now appointed permanently – communication this week.
- Academy is now operating within budget.
- FINANCE (NS)
- Trade and statutory creditors all up to date.
- Overdue debtors – there was a discussion around the best ways in which to deal with these, which may result in legal action.
- Budget and cashflow forecast for the remainder of the financial year to June 2020 remains very positive.
- Sage upgrade completed to enable us to comply with Making Tax Digital regulations.
- Annual audit set to take place w/c 27th January 2020.
FOOTBALL UPDATE (GF)
- GF outlined the recruitment strategy for the January window and how the process agreed with the Club Group and the Manager will work.
- BAR AMBER OPERATIONAL REVIEW (PMa)
- PMa provided a summary of his review.
- Further work to be undertaken by PMa with a recommendation paper to be presented to the January Board meeting.
- EQUALITY & DIVERSITY (CF)
- Newport Walk for Dementia 2020 to be launched next week. The walk is planned for Sunday, April 5.
- Christmas Community work - Jamille Matt’s Homeless project; Academy to visit local Nursing Home.
- Leyton Orient game - Justin Edinburgh family attending, JE3 Foundation bucket collection, Justin to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Mental Health Charter signing ceremony postponed until after general election.
- Academy meeting with Go Again Wellbeing.
- SAFEGUARDING (BH)
- No issues have been raised since the last meeting.
- Academy Audit anytime soon (since confirmed as week beginning January 27).
- DBS work continuing.
- ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- KW reported Advantage Accountancy, Seren Fach and RW Cole had all renewed their corporate Trust memberships. Tovey Brothers had agreed corporate membership.
- KW reported the Club Carol Service was well attended and well received.
- PMa provided a Trust membership update.
- RC reported the Veterans Drop-in Group was now up and running at Bar Amber on the third Friday of every month. There had been some good publicity in the Argus.
Next meeting: Thursday, January 16, at Merlin House, 5.30pm start.