Notes from November's Trust Board meeting
NEWPORT COUNTY AFC SUPPORTERS TRUST BOARD MEETING
NOVEMBER 21st 2019, 5.30PM
MERLIN HOUSE, LANGSTONE BUSINESS PARK, NEWPORT
REDACTED NOTES FOR PUBLICATION
ATTENDEES: Gavin Foxall (GF, Chair), Bob Herrin (BH), Kevin Ward (KW) (part), Ryan Courtney (RC), Kelly Anderson (KA), Paul Marks (PMa), Mark Crook (MC), Mike Everett (ME), Colin Faulkner (CF), Nigel Stephenson (NS)
APOLOGIES: Shaun Johnson (SJ), Peter Madigan (PM)
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM LAST MEETING
- The minutes of the Trust Board meeting held on October 17, 2019, were approved as an accurate record.
- MATTERS ARISING
- GF Congratulated NS on his appointment to General Manager which has now taken effect.
- NS advised that Management Accounts were presently not available although would be ready for w/c 25th November
- NS confirmed that the new 3 stage process for collection of monies outstanding was now in place.
- NS reported that overall the position is positive. Discussions will begin w/c 25th November around the January budget position
- GENERAL MANAGER UPDATE/OPERATIONAL
- NS ran through initial challenges identified that are within scope of his new role and his plan for addressing these
- NS confirmed that the Financial Manager role would be advertised.
- NS requested that Directors make him aware of situations where Club Staff are being directly requested to undertake specific tasks.
- Moving forward NS will issue a weekly report of progress across Key Areas.
- NS provided an update on staffing
- Ben Lucey will start as Club Secretary on 2/12 – Jackie Rockey to work alongside Ben for the January window and then draw back.
- Retail Manager has now started in the role
- NS confirmed that Club is now fully involved and engaged in the new Ticketing System.
- NS advised that Half Season Tickets have now gone on sale with 8 sold in the first week.
- NS provided an update on Academy matters
- Subscriptions situation has been addressed and overall the financial position is now showing an improved position
- New Head of Coaching recently appointed
- GAVIN FOXALL – NEW KIT DEAL/COMMUNITY
- GF confirmed that initial meetings had been held with potential new kit suppliers – existing FBT deal runs out at the end of the season
- GF presented a proposed timeline for any new deal
- Ongoing work to be led by GF and SJ.
- GF ran through standard SLA setting out the framework to exist between Club and County in the Community. All confirmed happy to support.
- COLIN FAULKNER – EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & SAFEGUARDING
- CF confirmed that the club has signed up for Mental Health Charter for Sports & Recreation
- Veterans Hub is now up and running at Bar Amber.
- GF confirmed that Remembrance Day parade had been a success with all parts of the Club being represented
- CF confirmed no safeguarding issues raised from October
- CF confirmed that DBS work was ongoing for staff and volunteers.
- PMa provided an update on the Bank account signatories – 2 new signatories had now been added (PMa and Jayne Morris) with 2 more to be added over the coming weeks
- PMa gave an update regarding the Bar Amber operational review.
- PMa provided an update on actions taken around County Lottery to increase its profile with supporters. PMa and NS to meet with Lottery App provider asap to discuss what enhancements may be available.
- KA gave an update regarding Clwb Spytty including Sticker Book launch and the CS Christmas Party.
- GF gave an update on an approach received from a supporter regarding a new initiative they are launching called “My Swansong”. After discussion all confirmed that whilst supportive of the idea it was felt it wouldn’t be appropriate to join in with the Launch as requested.
MEETING CLOSED – NEXT MEETING SCHEDULED FOR THURSDAY 12TH DECEMBER 2019